Most of us wouldn’t invite people into our homes unless it was clean. Well the same can be said for a social media campaign. If you’re planning on a campaign to get fans, communicate to your customers/prospects or announce a special promotion, be sure that all the tools you’re using are up to par.
I recently had a customer who wanted to get more fans on their FaceBook page and then drive them to their website. The problem was that they hadn’t finished creating a FaceBook profile and their site was sorely in need of an update. We worked with them to update these tools before the social media campaign to ensure the impression they wanted to leave was consistent wherever the viewer went.
Here are some pointers when planning your on-line campaign…
- Make sure it’s easy to contact you – a phone number up front would be ideal
- Provide good content that your “audience” would be interested in
- Make sure the navigation is clear and information can be easily found
- Use imagery that gives the impression you’re going for – this applies to design and photos
- Update, update, update – give people a reason to return to your site
Social Media Page (Facebook, Linked-In, etc.)
- Create a company page to separate your personal page from your business
- Make sure your page reflects the rest of your branding
- Keep communications professional
- Don’t sell at people – establish yourself as an expert or give them an incentive to try out your product or service
- Update, update, update – give them a reason to become a fan or follower
The bottom line…before you invite people to “like you” make sure there’s something to like.