It’s 6:49 am and I’ve been scanning my Twitter feed with CNN on the TV in the background.
I use Twitter to primarily follow web designers, application developers and SEO experts, with a small dose of news sources and random other hobbies and interests. By scanning through my Twitter feed I learn of new tools and techniques in my industry.
Here’s what I’ve learned from Twitter:
- From @smashingmag: How other digital designers are using Fireworks – (one of my favorite tools). In reviewing this post I realize there are techniques I can try that will make me more efficient in my daily workflow. The post also made me want to upgrade to CS5.
- 10 reasons why business card size matters. Some interesting design samples — it’s always inspirational to look at other designer’s work.
- From @1stwebdesigner: 10 tips for designing better infographics. Insights into making a better bar graphes, pie charts, etc. Some good pointers.
- From @catswhocode a Black Cat Rescue Shelter in the Boston area. Black cats are less likely to be adopted. People are weird. Beautiful black cat featured available for adoption. Hope he finds a good home.
- From @ZarkoCompare – Link building guide from the Bliss SEO blog. (Found the color scheme of the website hard to read)
- From @Biz: Large, slow moving plane video. (okay this one was a waste of time)
- From @CNN: Senate blocks vote on jobs bill
- From @CNNMoney: Foreign buyers scooping up US homes.
Here’s what been on TV this morning:
Gadhafi’s dead, Gadhafi’s Dead, Gadhafi’s dead… Jackson’s doc on trial. 7 billionth baby
Who do you follow? What’s in your Twitter feed?